ownCloud Client 1.7.0 beta 1

Klaas Freitag-3
Hi,

I am very happy to announce the first beta version of ownCloud Client
1.7.0 which was released today.

The most visible feature is the introduction of overlay icons in Windows
Explorer, Mac Finder and Nautilus on Linux which show the sync state of
the files. Also there is the first step done towards a feature which we
call "selective sync". It allows to exclude directory trees out of a
syncing folder. Once you configure a new sync folder you will be able to
exclude parts of the file tree.

Please make sure to use this release ONLY with test installation and not
with your production data.

As usual, please report bugs in http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues
and put the version into the header like [1.7.0 beta1].

Known problems:
==============

Win:
- After installation, Explorer might need a restart through TaskManager
to make the icons visible.
- On WinXP, the overlay icons will not show up. We're on it.

Mac:
- Uninstaller does not remove
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/OwnCloudFinder.osax,
  simply remove it manually if Finder goes wild, followed by 'killall
finder'.
  Finder will restart automatically.
- Installer icon is not nice yet. Volunteers?
- The package misses the build number

Linux:
- onwCloud Client has to be started before nautilus
- no dolphin support so far

Download Links:
===============

Win:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/testing/ownCloud-1.7.0.3659beta1-setup.exe
Mac:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/testing/ownCloud%20Installer%201.7.0beta1.pkg
Src:
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/testing/mirall-1.7.0beta1.tar.bz2
MD5 6149898985d588617b89ec9191cd7e8d  mirall-1.7.0beta1.tar.bz2

Linux packages are available in
https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community:testing&package=owncloud-client-nautilus

Please install the new package owncloud-client-nautilus to get overlay
icons in Gnome's file manager nautilus.

Thanks for all your support and help,

Klaas
for your Desktop Team.

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Client 1.7.0 beta 1

Jakub Moscicki
Hi,

Looks good!

Quick feedback:

Update from previous alpha worked fine on MacOSX.

I am happy to see the "Skip folder configuration" button on the first run!

I also noticed that now the client window comes up immediately when I click on the icon in the top-bar of MacOSX 10.8.5. Previously the menu was dropped down and the dialog box only appeared when "Settings" were chosen. Also previously often it would not come on top and one had to search for it via F3.

Minor detail: I would suggest "New folder" instead of "Add Folder" (it's confusing with the normal "Add Folder" button in settings).

[cid:E93D8265-8B9C-41EA-98F9-F0C356612D5C]

Also,  I don't understand why the "selective sync" dialog box pops-up and the end of AddFolder process. At first sight it does not make too much sense.

Also, the current selection window is a bit rudimentary (cannot be moved around to see what is below).

[cid:6B7CD00B-F998-4126-A9EC-2BD2188121E0]

kuba

--

On Aug 22, 2014, at 12:37 PM, Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com<mailto:freitag at owncloud.com>>
 wrote:

[...]

On the other hand the overlay icons do not show up anymore (with alpha they did).

kuba

--

On Aug 22, 2014, at 1:41 PM, Jakub Moscicki <Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch<mailto:Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch>>
 wrote:

Hi,

Looks good!

Quick feedback:

Update from previous alpha worked fine on MacOSX.

I am happy to see the "Skip folder configuration" button on the first run!

I also noticed that now the client window comes up immediately when I click on the icon in the top-bar of MacOSX 10.8.5. Previously the menu was dropped down and the dialog box only appeared when "Settings" were chosen. Also previously often it would not come on top and one had to search for it via F3.

Minor detail: I would suggest "New folder" instead of "Add Folder" (it's confusing with the normal "Add Folder" button in settings).

<PastedGraphic-2.png>

Also,  I don't understand why the "selective sync" dialog box pops-up and the end of AddFolder process. At first sight it does not make too much sense.

Also, the current selection window is a bit rudimentary (cannot be moved around to see what is below).

<PastedGraphic-3.png>

kuba

On 22.08.2014 13:45, Jakub Moscicki wrote:
> On the other hand the overlay icons do not show up anymore (with alpha they did).
Hmm, are we talking Mac?

Can you check in path /Library/ScriptingAdditions please?
You should have there only a dir called OwnCloudFinder.osax, not
LiferayNativity.osax. Please remove the latter if existant. Maybe that
confuses finder. After that, please do killall Finder

And also there is
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/2087

Thanks,

Klaas

> [...]
> MD5 6149898985d588617b89ec9191cd7e8d  mirall-1.7.0beta1.tar.bz2
>
> Linux packages are available in
> https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community:testing&package=owncloud-client-nautilus
>
> Please install the new package owncloud-client-nautilus to get overlay
> icons in Gnome's file manager nautilus.
>
> Thanks for all your support and help,
>
> Klaas
> for your Desktop Team.
>
> --
> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Client 1.7.0 beta 1

Jakub Moscicki

>> On the other hand the overlay icons do not show up anymore (with alpha they did).

Yes,  10.8.5

> Can you check in path /Library/ScriptingAdditions please?
> You should have there only a dir called OwnCloudFinder.osax, not
> LiferayNativity.osax. Please remove the latter if existant. Maybe that
> confuses finder. After that, please do killall Finder

>ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions/OwnCloudFinder.osax/Contents/
total 8
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1873 Aug 22 11:34 Info.plist
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102 Aug 22 11:34 MacOS
drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel   204 Aug 22 11:34 Resources

I also killall Finder -- no change.

kuba

On 22.08.2014 14:18, Jakub Moscicki wrote:

>>> On the other hand the overlay icons do not show up anymore (with alpha they did).
>> Hmm, are we talking Mac?
>
> Yes,  10.8.5
>

>> Can you check in path /Library/ScriptingAdditions please?
>> You should have there only a dir called OwnCloudFinder.osax, not
>> LiferayNativity.osax. Please remove the latter if existant. Maybe that
>> confuses finder. After that, please do killall Finder
>
>> ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions/OwnCloudFinder.osax/Contents/
> total 8
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1873 Aug 22 11:34 Info.plist
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102 Aug 22 11:34 MacOS
> drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel   204 Aug 22 11:34 Resources
>
> I also killall Finder -- no change.

Can you find anything in the sytem log?

and ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions/ only has the OwnCloudFinder.osax dir?

Thanks,

Klaas

> [...]
>>> MD5 6149898985d588617b89ec9191cd7e8d  mirall-1.7.0beta1.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> Linux packages are available in
>>> https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community:testing&package=owncloud-client-nautilus
>>>
>>> Please install the new package owncloud-client-nautilus to get overlay
>>> icons in Gnome's file manager nautilus.
>>>
>>> Thanks for all your support and help,
>>>
>>> Klaas
>>> for your Desktop Team.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
>>> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

>> --
>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
>> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

Yes it is the only thing:

ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Aug 22 11:34 OwnCloudFinder.osax

Logs:

I see entries like this:

8/22/14 1:36:44.414 PM scep_daemon[272]: summ[01100700]: vdb=19781, agent=fac, name="/Users/moscicki/data.box.cboxtu-test-selective-sync2/.BIGTEST2.dat.~7e443b35", virus="", action="", info="Event occurred on a newly created file.", avstatus="not scanned", hop="accepted"

Not sure if that helps.

Any specific log files I should look into? Any specific search strings?

kuba

--

On Aug 22, 2014, at 2:22 PM, Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com> wrote:

>>> Hmm, are we talking Mac?
>>
>> Yes,  10.8.5
>>

>>> Can you check in path /Library/ScriptingAdditions please?
>>> You should have there only a dir called OwnCloudFinder.osax, not
>>> LiferayNativity.osax. Please remove the latter if existant. Maybe that
>>> confuses finder. After that, please do killall Finder
>>
>>> ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions/OwnCloudFinder.osax/Contents/
>> total 8
>> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1873 Aug 22 11:34 Info.plist
>> drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102 Aug 22 11:34 MacOS
>> drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel   204 Aug 22 11:34 Resources
>>
>> I also killall Finder -- no change.
>
> Can you find anything in the sytem log?
>
> and ls -l /Library/ScriptingAdditions/ only has the OwnCloudFinder.osax dir?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Klaas
>

>> --

>>> --
>>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
>>> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Client 1.7.0 beta 1

Jakub Moscicki

Where do I find (ubuntu 14.04) packages for the latest nightly build of 1.7 branch, please?

This points to 1.6.3-rc:
https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community:testing&package=owncloud-client

This points to 404:

https://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:community:testing&package=owncloud-client-nautilus