ownCloud Client 1.8.0 beta 1 Released

Klaas Freitag-3
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am happy to invite you to another beta race, we just released ownCloud
Client 1.8.0 beta1. It's the first beta release of the 1.8.0 release of
the client which we intend to release as soon as it's quality meets the
expectations.

What's new?

This release comes with a couple of lighthouse features:
- Sharing from desktop: In the context menu of your file manager on your
favorite OS, you will find an entry "Share with ownCloud..." for synced
files, which will open a dialog to create a handy public share link
- Enhanced parallel HTTP requests: With ownCloud 8 we do more parallel
HTTP requests which results in higher performance.
- More eye candy for our folks on MacOSX (Yes, you NEED HiRes :-)
- Use of Qt 5.4 (where available) everywhere, that gives better handling
of certain SSL, Proxy etc. issues
- Reorganization of the source repository on github
- more...

But first and foremost, we fixed a huge amount of bugs and did
enhancements under the hood, which will push the client forward. That
all is only possible with great community help, and we thank you for
that. I like to point out that we have very substantial code
contributions in this release and that is awesome.

As usual, please remember: This is a beta, make sure not to waste any
production data with it! Use backups, dummy accounts and kitten pictures
to test please.

Downloads are available via https://owncloud.org/install/#testing

Happy testing and thanks for your bug reports via
https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues

regards,
Klaas

For the happy desktop team.