ownCloud Client 2.1.0 RC1

Klaas Freitag-3
Hi,

good news: We have released the ownCloud Desktop Client version 2.1.0
RC1 today. That is the first release candidate of 2.1.0, and it is
available for your testing now via

  https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development

Here are a couple of feature highlights:
 * Full sharing with ownCloud users and groups
 * New server activity view, reworked sync protocol
 * Sync of files with colons and other special characters in the name
   to the platforms which support it
 * Improved discovery performance with checksum support
 * GUI polish
 * Tons of bugfixes

Please help us creating a great release by giving this build a good
testing and report back in our issue tracker on github.

As usual, please note that this is not yet released software, so keep a
good backup of your data and possibly do not use it with your production
data.

Thanks & have fun,

Klaas

for the desktop team.

Re: ownCloud Client 2.1.0 RC1

Joas Schilling
Hi Klaas,

seems like the testpilotcloud packages are corrupted:

 > W: Die Datei
»http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_14.10/./all/testpilotcloud-client-l10n_2.1.0~rc1-1_all.deb«
konnte nicht heruntergeladen werden
   Größe stimmt nicht überein
»http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_14.10/./amd64/testpilotcloud-client_2.1.0~rc1-1_amd64.deb«
»http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_14.10/./amd64/libtestpilotcloudsync0_2.1.0~rc1-1_amd64.deb«
konnte nicht heruntergeladen werden
   Größe stimmt nicht überein

Message says "The file ... could not be downloaded. Size does not match"

The normal sync client could be downloaded just fine.

cheers

Am 26.11.2015 um 15:56 schrieb Klaas Freitag:

> Hi,
>
> good news: We have released the ownCloud Desktop Client version 2.1.0
> RC1 today. That is the first release candidate of 2.1.0, and it is
> available for your testing now via
>
>    https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development
>
> Here are a couple of feature highlights:
>   * Full sharing with ownCloud users and groups
>   * New server activity view, reworked sync protocol
>   * Sync of files with colons and other special characters in the name
>     to the platforms which support it
>   * Improved discovery performance with checksum support
>   * GUI polish
>   * Tons of bugfixes
>
> Please help us creating a great release by giving this build a good
> testing and report back in our issue tracker on github.
>
> As usual, please note that this is not yet released software, so keep a
> good backup of your data and possibly do not use it with your production
> data.
>
> Thanks & have fun,
>
> Klaas
>
> for the desktop team.

Re: ownCloud Client 2.1.0 RC1

Jürgen Weigert
Size mismatch happens, when the build release number was not incremented
for the yesterdays rebuild of the testpilotcloud client.
Our OBS does an autoincrement for RPM packages but not always for DEB
packages.
I'll discuss a workaround with Klaas.

Frequent apt-get update and retrying later should help anyway.

Sorry for this!

cheers, JW-

Am 27.11.2015 um 08:59 schrieb Joas Schilling:

> Hi Klaas,
>
> seems like the testpilotcloud packages are corrupted:
>
> > W: Die Datei
> »http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_14.10/./all/testpilotcloud-client-l10n_2.1.0~rc1-1_all.deb«
> konnte nicht heruntergeladen werden
>   Größe stimmt nicht überein
> > W: Die Datei
> »http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_14.10/./amd64/testpilotcloud-client_2.1.0~rc1-1_amd64.deb«
> konnte nicht heruntergeladen werden
>   Größe stimmt nicht überein
> > W: Die Datei
> »http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community:/testing/xUbuntu_14.10/./amd64/libtestpilotcloudsync0_2.1.0~rc1-1_amd64.deb«
> konnte nicht heruntergeladen werden
>   Größe stimmt nicht überein
>
> Message says "The file ... could not be downloaded. Size does not match"
>
> The normal sync client could be downloaded just fine.
>
> cheers
>
> Am 26.11.2015 um 15:56 schrieb Klaas Freitag:
>> Hi,
>>
>> good news: We have released the ownCloud Desktop Client version 2.1.0
>> RC1 today. That is the first release candidate of 2.1.0, and it is
>> available for your testing now via
>>
>>    https://owncloud.org/install/#testing-development
>>
>> Here are a couple of feature highlights:
>>   * Full sharing with ownCloud users and groups
>>   * New server activity view, reworked sync protocol
>>   * Sync of files with colons and other special characters in the name
>>     to the platforms which support it
>>   * Improved discovery performance with checksum support
>>   * GUI polish
>>   * Tons of bugfixes
>>
>> Please help us creating a great release by giving this build a good
>> testing and report back in our issue tracker on github.
>>
>> As usual, please note that this is not yet released software, so keep a
>> good backup of your data and possibly do not use it with your production
>> data.
>>
>> Thanks & have fun,
>>
>> Klaas
>>
>> for the desktop team.

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Re: ownCloud Client 2.1.0 RC1

Joas Schilling

Am 27.11.2015 um 11:52 schrieb Jürgen Weigert:
> Frequent apt-get update and retrying later should help anyway.
yes, after some time it passed, sorry for the noise