ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

maiko.heldt
Hello everybody.

first, thanks to the developers for this great service,
and now my question to the windows desktop client of ownCloud:
when i press the right mouse button on any files or folders in the windows explorer, to show the menu option, i miss the entry "Share with ownCloud ...." or something like that.
is it in planning or can "install" itself.
I'm not a software developer.

/maiko

Re: ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

hippykilla

Since ownCloud client allows to sync different directories/folders, you should be able to simply “save to” one of the ownCloud folders you have chosen to sync.   Adding a “Send to Owncloud” option would just be salad dressing but I like dressing on my salad. J  Should be a fairly simple write so I’ll look into that when I have a little more time.

Re: ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

Stefan Göckeritz
Hey guys,

that'll be a cool thing, to me.
+1 for that.

Cheers
Stefan

Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2013 20:42:32 schrieb Derek Broes:

> Since ownCloud client allows to sync different directories/folders,
> you should be able to simply “save to” one of the ownCloud folders you
> have chosen to sync.   Adding a “Send to Owncloud” option would just
> be salad dressing but I like dressing on my salad. J  Should be a
> fairly simple write so I’ll look into that when I have a little more
> time.

André Schild
I think this could cause troubles

When I have a entry like "Share with my owncloud" will be problematic,
because the user then thinks that THIS document is shared with owncloud.

But in fact we would copy it over to one of the oc folders,
and from this moment on we have two documents which are not keept in sync!

The only safe way would be something like "Save copy in owncloud"

André

Am 23.05.2013 08:39, schrieb Stefan Göckeritz:

> Hey guys,
>
> that'll be a cool thing, to me.
> +1 for that.
>
> Cheers
> Stefan
>
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2013 20:42:32 schrieb Derek Broes:
>> Since ownCloud client allows to sync different directories/folders,
>> you should be able to simply “save to” one of the ownCloud folders you
>> have chosen to sync.   Adding a “Send to Owncloud” option would just
>> be salad dressing but I like dressing on my salad. J  Should be a
>> fairly simple write so I’ll look into that when I have a little more
>> time.

Aarboard AG    Phone: +41 32 332 97 14
Egliweg 10     Fax:   +41 32 332 97 15
2560 Nidau
Switzerland    www.aarboard.ch

Re: ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

maiko.heldt
I think here there are problems with understanding.
At the moment we can only share files over the Web interface.
There would be more comfortable if we could do that too in the local OC directory.

Better?

/maiko

From:        André Schild <[hidden email]>
To:        [hidden email],
Date:        23.05.2013 11:46

I think this could cause troubles

When I have a entry like "Share with my owncloud" will be problematic,
because the user then thinks that THIS document is shared with owncloud.

But in fact we would copy it over to one of the oc folders,
and from this moment on we have two documents which are not keept in sync!

The only safe way would be something like "Save copy in owncloud"

André

Am 23.05.2013 08:39, schrieb Stefan Göckeritz:
> Hey guys,
>
> that'll be a cool thing, to me.
> +1 for that.
>
> Cheers
> Stefan
>
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Mai 2013 20:42:32 schrieb Derek Broes:
>> Since ownCloud client allows to sync different directories/folders,
>> you should be able to simply “save to” one of the ownCloud folders you
>> have chosen to sync.   Adding a “Send to Owncloud” option would just
>> be salad dressing but I like dressing on my salad. J  Should be a
>> fairly simple write so I’ll look into that when I have a little more
>> time.

[hidden email]] *On
>> Behalf Of *[hidden email]
>> *Sent:* Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:39 AM
>> *To:* [hidden email]
>> *Subject:* [Owncloud] ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share
>> with owncloud ...)
>>
>> Hello everybody.
>>
>> first, thanks to the developers for this great service,
>> and now my question to the windows desktop client of ownCloud:
>> when i press the right mouse button on any files or folders in the
>> windows explorer, to show the menu option, i miss the entry "Share
>> with ownCloud ...." or something like that.
>> is it in planning or can "install" itself.
>> I'm not a software developer.
>>
>> /maiko

Aarboard AG    Phone: +41 32 332 97 14
Egliweg 10     Fax:   +41 32 332 97 15
2560 Nidau
Switzerland
www.aarboard.ch

Re: ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

Alessio Fattorini
On 23/05/2013 12:45, [hidden email] wrote:
> I think here there are problems with understanding.
> At the moment we can only share files over the Web interface.
> There would be more comfortable if we could do that too in the local OC
> directory.
>
> Better?

Absolutely needed, and the possibility of obtain public link without Web
interface but directly with a right click option.
Dropbox/googledrive/ubuntuone alredy do it

--
Alessio Fattorini - Nethesis srl

Am 23.05.2013 12:53, schrieb Alessio Fattorini:
On 23/05/2013 12:45, [hidden email] wrote:
I think here there are problems with understanding.
At the moment we can only share files over the Web interface.
There would be more comfortable if we could do that too in the local OC
directory.

Better?
Yes, better (Only inside synced oc folders)

Absolutely needed, and the possibility of obtain public link without Web interface but directly with a right click option. Dropbox/googledrive/ubuntuone alredy do it

Would realy be very nice

André

--
Aarboard AG    Phone: +41 32 332 97 14
Egliweg 10     Fax:   +41 32 332 97 15
2560 Nidau
Switzerland    www.aarboard.ch

Re: ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

Jan-Christoph Borchardt-4
Hey folks,

this is planned, please check the issue tracker at http://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues

I would send the direct link to the issue but I'm mobile and without stable connection for a few days so please search yourself for sth like "right click menu" I guess.

Hope that helps. Most things we actually already thought about or planned, so please check the issue tracker. :)

On 23/05/2013 23:14, Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:

> Hope that helps. Most things we actually already thought about or planned, so please check the issue tracker. :)

You're right, i found it
https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/634

--
Alessio Fattorini - Nethesis srl

Re: ownCloud Client: Windows Explorer feature (share with owncloud ...)

oscarj