ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

we are happy to announce the release of ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1, a
bug fix release that brings major improvements for timeout handling, as
well as fixes for syncing multiple folders. Also, Mac OS users that had
issues with SSL/TLS secured connections will see major improvements, as
we now ship the latest OpenSSL with both Windows and Linux clients. This
implies that TLS 1.2 support is available on both platforms. For Linux
users, support of recent TLS version depends on the system version of
OpenSSL. We all hope you enjoy our small holiday present, which we will
try to push out via the updater immediately this time.

The complete ChangeLog is available at
https://owncloud.org/changelog/desktop/.

You can download the release from https://owncloud.org/install/#desktop.

Cheers,
  Daniel (for the Desktop Client team)

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Jakub Moscicki
Hellom,

Not sure where to report this: Mac download link is currently broken

https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg

?
download.owncloud.com<http://download.owncloud.com>took too long to respond. The website may be down
?

kuba

--

www.owncloud.com<http://www.owncloud.com> - Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Jürgen Weigert
Hey Kuba!

Try

wget http://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
(without HTTPS)
This way I can pull ca 100KB/s .. 200KB/s today.
The 1.7.1 announcement caused extreme download bandwidth.

cheers, JW-

Am 19.12.2014 um 08:59 schrieb Jakub Moscicki:

> Hellom,
>
> Not sure where to report this: Mac download link is currently broken
>
> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
>
> ?
> *download.owncloud.com <http://download.owncloud.com>*took too long to
> respond. The website may be down
> ?
>
> kuba
>
> --
>

> On Dec 18, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Daniel Molkentin <danimo at owncloud.com
> <mailto:danimo at owncloud.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we are happy to announce the release of ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1, a
>> bug fix release that brings major improvements for timeout handling, as
>> well as fixes for syncing multiple folders. Also, Mac OS users that had
>> issues with SSL/TLS secured connections will see major improvements, as
>> we now ship the latest OpenSSL with both Windows and Linux clients. This
>> implies that TLS 1.2 support is available on both platforms. For Linux
>> users, support of recent TLS version depends on the system version of
>> OpenSSL. We all hope you enjoy our small holiday present, which we will
>> try to push out via the updater immediately this time.
>>
>> The complete ChangeLog is available at
>> https://owncloud.org/changelog/desktop/.
>>
>> You can download the release from
>> https://owncloud.org/install/#desktop
>> <https://owncloud.org/install/#desktop>.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>  Daniel (for the Desktop Client team)
>>
>> --
>> www.owncloud.com <http://www.owncloud.com> - Your Data, Your Cloud,
>> Your Way!
>>
>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
>> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Daniel Molkentin
It's not about HTTP vs HTTPS, but about which of the download servers in
the round robin you will hit.

 curl --resolve 'download.owncloud.com:443:144.76.105.220'
https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg >
ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg

works for me. We are trying to resolve the issue in the meanwhile.

Daniel

On 19.12.2014 10:46, J?rgen Weigert wrote:

> Hey Kuba!
>
> Try
>
> wget http://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
> (without HTTPS)
> This way I can pull ca 100KB/s .. 200KB/s today.
> The 1.7.1 announcement caused extreme download bandwidth.
>
> cheers, JW-
>
> Am 19.12.2014 um 08:59 schrieb Jakub Moscicki:
>> Hellom,
>>
>> Not sure where to report this: Mac download link is currently broken
>>
>> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
>>
>> ?
>> *download.owncloud.com <http://download.owncloud.com>*took too long
>> to respond. The website may be down
>> ?
>>
>> kuba
>>
>> --
>>

>> On Dec 18, 2014, at 2:42 PM, Daniel Molkentin <danimo at owncloud.com
>> <mailto:danimo at owncloud.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we are happy to announce the release of ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1, a
>>> bug fix release that brings major improvements for timeout handling, as
>>> well as fixes for syncing multiple folders. Also, Mac OS users that had
>>> issues with SSL/TLS secured connections will see major improvements, as
>>> we now ship the latest OpenSSL with both Windows and Linux clients. This
>>> implies that TLS 1.2 support is available on both platforms. For Linux
>>> users, support of recent TLS version depends on the system version of
>>> OpenSSL. We all hope you enjoy our small holiday present, which we will
>>> try to push out via the updater immediately this time.
>>>
>>> The complete ChangeLog is available at
>>> https://owncloud.org/changelog/desktop/.
>>>
>>> You can download the release from
>>> https://owncloud.org/install/#desktop
>>> <https://owncloud.org/install/#desktop>.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>  Daniel (for the Desktop Client team)
>>>
>>> --
>>> www.owncloud.com <http://www.owncloud.com> - Your Data, Your Cloud,
>>> Your Way!
>>>
>>> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff
>>> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

> Your Data, Your Cloud, Your Way!
>
> ownCloud GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, Holger Dyroff, Frank Karlitschek
> Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Roman Drahtmueller

> It's not about HTTP vs HTTPS, but about which of the download servers in
> the round robin you will hit.
>
>  curl --resolve 'download.owncloud.com:443:144.76.105.220'
> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg >
> ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
>
> works for me. We are trying to resolve the issue in the meanwhile.
>
> Daniel

A cron process was going berzerk a while ago on two of the servers, but
that's fixed in the meanwhile. It was one of those rare cases that you
can't address beforehand because the degree of nervousness of the system
is hard to simulate.

The current accumulated output is in the range of 1.4 GBit/s. We can
handle another 1GBit/s. New record is 110GB/h on _one_ of the servers
alone.

Roman.

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Don Selkirk
Hi Everyone,

I've got a bug/concern to report.

I've been running ownCloud Desktop (1.7.0.4162) in "portable" mode.
I've done this by extracting the files from
ownCloud-1.7.0.4162-setup.exe and running owncloud.exe directly. I
understand that this is not the way that the development team
necessarily intended the application to be used but I'm using ownCloud
on a corporate machine where installing software is frowned upon. I
have permission to run portable software however so being able to run
the desktop client in "portable" mode is a deal breaker for me and
likely for many others.

This morning when I started 1.7.0.4162 desktop client it updated
without asking. During the update the software neither checked what
location it was currently installed (should have installed to the "S"
drive) in nor whether there was already an existing ownCloud data
folder (also on the "S" drive). Instead the application installed to
the C drive and created a new data folder on the C drive.

Best regards,

Don Selkirk

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Roman Drahtmueller <draht at owncloud.com> wrote:

>> It's not about HTTP vs HTTPS, but about which of the download servers in
>> the round robin you will hit.
>>
>>  curl --resolve 'download.owncloud.com:443:144.76.105.220'
>> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg >
>> ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
>>
>> works for me. We are trying to resolve the issue in the meanwhile.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> A cron process was going berzerk a while ago on two of the servers, but
> that's fixed in the meanwhile. It was one of those rare cases that you
> can't address beforehand because the degree of nervousness of the system
> is hard to simulate.
>
> The current accumulated output is in the range of 1.4 GBit/s. We can
> handle another 1GBit/s. New record is 110GB/h on _one_ of the servers
> alone.
>
> Roman.

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Don Selkirk
Hi again,

The good news is that, after going through the setup.exe extraction
and re-setting up the account everything seems to be working in
portable mode using ownCloud-1.7.1.4382.

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Don Selkirk <don.selkirk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've got a bug/concern to report.
>
> I've been running ownCloud Desktop (1.7.0.4162) in "portable" mode.
> I've done this by extracting the files from
> ownCloud-1.7.0.4162-setup.exe and running owncloud.exe directly. I
> understand that this is not the way that the development team
> necessarily intended the application to be used but I'm using ownCloud
> on a corporate machine where installing software is frowned upon. I
> have permission to run portable software however so being able to run
> the desktop client in "portable" mode is a deal breaker for me and
> likely for many others.
>
> This morning when I started 1.7.0.4162 desktop client it updated
> without asking. During the update the software neither checked what
> location it was currently installed (should have installed to the "S"
> drive) in nor whether there was already an existing ownCloud data
> folder (also on the "S" drive). Instead the application installed to
> the C drive and created a new data folder on the C drive.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Don Selkirk
>
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM, Roman Drahtmueller <draht at owncloud.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not about HTTP vs HTTPS, but about which of the download servers in
>>> the round robin you will hit.
>>>
>>>  curl --resolve 'download.owncloud.com:443:144.76.105.220'
>>> https://download.owncloud.com/desktop/stable/ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg >
>>> ownCloud-1.7.1.1655.pkg
>>>
>>> works for me. We are trying to resolve the issue in the meanwhile.
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>
>> A cron process was going berzerk a while ago on two of the servers, but
>> that's fixed in the meanwhile. It was one of those rare cases that you
>> can't address beforehand because the degree of nervousness of the system
>> is hard to simulate.
>>
>> The current accumulated output is in the range of 1.4 GBit/s. We can
>> handle another 1GBit/s. New record is 110GB/h on _one_ of the servers
>> alone.
>>
>> Roman.

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Daniel Molkentin
Hi,

We're not supporting the portable mode, but I understand the real
problem is that updates (not only automatic ones) on Windows ignore a
custom path, right?

For the time being, follow
http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.7/autoupdate.html#preventing-automatic-updates-in-linux-environments

Cheers,
  Daniel

On 19.12.2014 16:11, Don Selkirk wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> The good news is that, after going through the setup.exe extraction
> and re-setting up the account everything seems to be working in
> portable mode using ownCloud-1.7.1.4382.
>
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Don Selkirk <don.selkirk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I've got a bug/concern to report.
>>
>> I've been running ownCloud Desktop (1.7.0.4162) in "portable" mode.
>> I've done this by extracting the files from
>> ownCloud-1.7.0.4162-setup.exe and running owncloud.exe directly. I
>> understand that this is not the way that the development team
>> necessarily intended the application to be used but I'm using ownCloud
>> on a corporate machine where installing software is frowned upon. I
>> have permission to run portable software however so being able to run
>> the desktop client in "portable" mode is a deal breaker for me and
>> likely for many others.
>>
>> This morning when I started 1.7.0.4162 desktop client it updated
>> without asking. During the update the software neither checked what
>> location it was currently installed (should have installed to the "S"
>> drive) in nor whether there was already an existing ownCloud data
>> folder (also on the "S" drive). Instead the application installed to
>> the C drive and created a new data folder on the C drive.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Don Selkirk

>>> A cron process was going berzerk a while ago on two of the servers, but
>>> that's fixed in the meanwhile. It was one of those rare cases that you
>>> can't address beforehand because the degree of nervousness of the system
>>> is hard to simulate.
>>>
>>> The current accumulated output is in the range of 1.4 GBit/s. We can
>>> handle another 1GBit/s. New record is 110GB/h on _one_ of the servers
>>> alone.
>>>
>>> Roman.

Schlo??ckerstrasse 26a, 90443 N?rnberg, HRB 28050 (AG N?rnberg)

ownCloud Desktop Client 1.7.1 released

Don Selkirk
That is indeed the problem and I've made the registry modification.
Although I guess if there is a registry key to modify then "portable"
isn't as portable as I thought.

Thanks