ownCloud Server maintenance releases 8.0.14, 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4

ownCloud Server maintenance releases 8.0.14, 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4

Vincent Petry
Hello,

We are happy to announce that the maintenance releases for 8.0.14,
8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4 have been released.

Please note that these contain many bug fixes and also some security
fixes, so it is recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.

See blog post for details:
https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-9-0-4-8-2-7-8-1-9-8-0-14-released/

Changelogs are here: https://owncloud.org/changelog/

You can download the tarballs at the following links:

* 8.0.14:
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.0.14.zip
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.0.14.tar.bz2

* 8.1.9:
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.1.9.zip
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.1.9.tar.bz2

* 8.2.7
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.2.7.zip
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.2.7.tar.bz2

* 9.0.4:
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.0.4.zip
        - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.0.4.tar.bz2

An update for these versions will be pushed to the update server
later this week.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these stable releases !

Vincent

Re: ownCloud Server maintenance releases 8.0.14, 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4

Stefan Schwarz
I have 2 owncloud server, like every update i use the package manager to
upgrade the servers.
Like every upgrade i need to *manually* edit the config-file (oh
maintenance-mode is standard for webapps).
Afterwards *manually* activate the calendar and contacts-plugins i don't
have the courage for other plugins.

And yeah, this time internal server error 500.
8.1.9.2 does set a random dbpassword during upgrade, i mean WTF, is this
considered a security improvement?
On my personal app-administration-shit-list owncloud makes all-time
top-scores, but hey, i guess admins need to eat shit for the sake of
their users.

cheers.

Am 19.07.2016 um 15:09 schrieb Vincent Petry:

> Hello,
>
> We are happy to announce that the maintenance releases for 8.0.14,
> 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4 have been released.
>
> Please note that these contain many bug fixes and also some security
> fixes, so it is recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.
>
> See blog post for details:
> https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-9-0-4-8-2-7-8-1-9-8-0-14-released/
>
> Changelogs are here: https://owncloud.org/changelog/
>
> You can download the tarballs at the following links:
>
> * 8.0.14:
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.0.14.zip
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.0.14.tar.bz2
>
> * 8.1.9:
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.1.9.zip
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.1.9.tar.bz2
>
> * 8.2.7
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.2.7.zip
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-8.2.7.tar.bz2
>
> * 9.0.4:
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.0.4.zip
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.0.4.tar.bz2
>
> An update for these versions will be pushed to the update server
> later this week.
>
> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these stable releases !
>
> Vincent

Re: ownCloud Server maintenance releases 8.0.14, 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4

~Stack~
On 07/19/2016 08:09 AM, Vincent Petry wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are happy to announce that the maintenance releases for 8.0.14,
> 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4 have been released.
>
> Please note that these contain many bug fixes and also some security
> fixes, so it is recommended to upgrade as soon as possible.

[snip]

> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to these stable releases !
>
> Vincent

I agree! Thanks everyone!

~Stack~

Re: ownCloud Server maintenance releases 8.0.14, 8.1.9, 8.2.7 and 9.0.4

Chris-3