ownCloud hit a major milestone: 1000 contributors

ownCloud hit a major milestone: 1000 contributors

Jos Poortvliet
Hi,

I wanted to share some good news: we hit a BIG milestone in the last few days!
1000 individuals contributed to ownCloud over the 6 year history of our
project. And over 400 of those last year, that should give an idea of how fast
we're growing!

Remember, we hit 8 million users (up from 2.4 last year!) in January [2]. And
today, 1000 contributors. Nearly or over 100.000 commits (depending on where
you look, openHUB [3] or Bitergia [4]) and we've merged 10K pull requests in
core alone.

In the blog I also talk about the massive growth in downloads of ownCloud apps
and more. This shows that the ownCloud ecosystem continues to grow faster and
faster and we'd like to thank everybody (including YOU!) who helped make that
happen.

YOU ALL ROCK!!!

Thank you for being so awesome.

Hugs,
Jos

[1] https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-reaches-1000-code-contributors-grows-80-in-one-year/
[2] https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-grows-to-8-million-users/
[3] https://www.openhub.net/p/ownCloud
[4] http://projects.bitergia.com/ownCloud/browser/
[5] https://github.com/owncloud/core/pulls

--
Disclaimer:
find me on blog.jospoortvliet.com

Re: ownCloud hit a major milestone: 1000 contributors

David A. Velasco
Thanks for sharing, Jos. Awesome numbers.

Let's keep rocking :)

El 17/5/16 a las 16:46, Jos Poortvliet escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to share some good news: we hit a BIG milestone in the last few days!
> 1000 individuals contributed to ownCloud over the 6 year history of our
> project. And over 400 of those last year, that should give an idea of how fast
> we're growing!
>
> Remember, we hit 8 million users (up from 2.4 last year!) in January [2]. And
> today, 1000 contributors. Nearly or over 100.000 commits (depending on where
> you look, openHUB [3] or Bitergia [4]) and we've merged 10K pull requests in
> core alone.
>
> In the blog I also talk about the massive growth in downloads of ownCloud apps
> and more. This shows that the ownCloud ecosystem continues to grow faster and
> faster and we'd like to thank everybody (including YOU!) who helped make that
> happen.
>
> YOU ALL ROCK!!!
>
> Thank you for being so awesome.
>
> Hugs,
> Jos
>
> [1] https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-reaches-1000-code-contributors-grows-80-in-one-year/
> [2] https://owncloud.org/blog/owncloud-grows-to-8-million-users/
> [3] https://www.openhub.net/p/ownCloud
> [4] http://projects.bitergia.com/ownCloud/browser/
> [5] https://github.com/owncloud/core/pulls

Re: ownCloud hit a major milestone: 1000 contributors

xtbing
hi :
     I want to learn how to development the owncloud sync client 。could you send me some resources or articles about how to debug client source code and which IDE you use .I am confused by this, help me ~~
     Looking forward to your reply~
     best regards~