ownCloud logo

Bob Tupaj
Hi,

I am new to the list and fairly new to ownCloud.  I upgraded our site to 5.0, https://files.ysu.edu/, but I am having a tough time with swapping out the ownCloud logo for our University one.  The file name for the logo is logo.svg.  I tried changing this to our logo with no success.  I saw a png with the same name and created a University logo.png with no success as well. Has anyone changed out the logo.  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks.
--
Robert D. Tupaj, Website Manager/Portal Administrator
Information Technology Services

Re: ownCloud logo

jiun bookworm
did you try the svg rather than whatever other format you tried?
this is what is served by your server.
/core/img/logo.svg

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Bob Tupaj <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the list and fairly new to ownCloud.  I upgraded our site to 5.0, https://files.ysu.edu/, but I am having a tough time with swapping out the ownCloud logo for our University one.  The file name for the logo is logo.svg.  I tried changing this to our logo with no success.  I saw a png with the same name and created a University logo.png with no success as well. Has anyone changed out the logo.  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks.
--
Robert D. Tupaj, Website Manager/Portal Administrator
Information Technology Services
432 Meshel Hall
Youngstown State University
www.ysu.edu | my.ysu.edu | [hidden email]

Re: ownCloud logo

CJ Keist
Robert I was able to do this with our owncloud setup.  First thing to do is not to modify the main core and settings folders.  Instead copy the original core and settings folder to a new folder in the 'themes' folder.  In my case I made a 'engr' folder under 'themes'.  then edit the config/config.php files and set the line to use your new theme:
    'theme' => 'engr',

Go into themes/engr/core/img

I didn't have a editor that works on svg so I modified the png files logo.png and logo-wide.png and then soft linked the logo.svg and logo-wide.svg to point to the png files (not sure this is necessary but it didn't hurt anything).

Also had to modify some of the templates:
themes/engr/core/templates/layout.guest.php (search for logo.svg and replace with logo.png)
themes/engr/core/templates/layout.user.php (same here. )

Forgot also change the class="svg" to class="png" on the same lines as the logo images defined.

There might be some other files I missed in here.

On 5/16/13 12:14 PM, Bob Tupaj wrote:
Hi,

I am new to the list and fairly new to ownCloud.  I upgraded our site to 5.0, https://files.ysu.edu/, but I am having a tough time with swapping out the ownCloud logo for our University one.  The file name for the logo is logo.svg.  I tried changing this to our logo with no success.  I saw a png with the same name and created a University logo.png with no success as well. Has anyone changed out the logo.  If so, how did you do it?

Thanks.
--
Robert D. Tupaj, Website Manager/Portal Administrator
Information Technology Services
432 Meshel Hall
Youngstown State University
www.ysu.edu | my.ysu.edu | [hidden email]

C. J. Keist                     Email: [hidden email]
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'

Re: ownCloud logo

hippykilla
Gents, you simply have to create the .svg logo in AI and save as .svg and also export to PNG the same file just different file extensions.  Those two files go into the same as the present logos and overwrite them during transfer. Both files must match except for file extension.  No need to create other files and change config file unless you are going to alter any other aspect of the theme.   You might as well just write a new theme for OC if you are going to do that much work.