ownCloud server 9.1 released

Vincent Petry
Hello,

ownCloud server version 9.1.0 has been released today:
https://owncloud.org/blog/new-in-owncloud-9-1/.

You can also find a more detailed feature list here
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features

The archives can be downloaded from here:
- http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.zip
- http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.tar.bz2

The distribution packages are also available, see
https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/9.1/owncloud/

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped with this new release !

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: ownCloud server 9.1 released

Christophe TREFOIS
Since sharing broke completely and utterly since I upgraded to 9.0.4 (from 9.0.2) I am very scared to upgrade owncloud at all anymore.

https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/24575

> On 21 Jul 2016, at 12:47, Vincent Petry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> ownCloud server version 9.1.0 has been released today:
> https://owncloud.org/blog/new-in-owncloud-9-1/.
>
> You can also find a more detailed feature list here
> https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features
>
> The archives can be downloaded from here:
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.zip
> - http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> The distribution packages are also available, see
> https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/9.1/owncloud/
>
> Thanks a lot to everyone who helped with this new release !
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vincent

Re: ownCloud server 9.1 released

Vincent Petry

If you have this issue, you should wait for 9.1.1 or 9.0.5 before upgrading.

If recipients see duplicates of the received folders they can delete the duplicates. The repair routine for https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/24575 will re-merge the received shares.

Vincent

On 21.07.2016 15:02, Christophe TREFOIS wrote:
[...]

Well I’m already at 9.0.4…

I’m not sure which part of the repair task you propose to do?

In fact I had the problem slightly different.

1 user in group with permission X and the same user by himself had permission Y.
I now unshared with group, and re-shared everything by single user. (still some ghosts there but I guess can fix manually)

I thought this sharing issue was supposed to be fixed in 9.0 (a similar problem existed in 8.X if I recall)

Cheers,

On 21 Jul 2016, at 15:12, Vincent Petry <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

It's not in 9.0.4 yet.

With repair task I mean that whenever you'll update to 9.0.5 (after it's released), there is some code that will scan your shares and repair them to be merged again.

Regarding your specific issue, do you mind raising a ticket in Github and ping me there ?

Thanks,

Vincent

If recipients see duplicates of the received folders they can delete the duplicates. The repair routine for https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/24575 <https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/24575> will re-merge the received shares.

On 21 Jul 2016, at 12:47, Vincent Petry [hidden email] [hidden email] wrote:

Hello,

ownCloud server version 9.1.0 has been released today:
https://owncloud.org/blog/new-in-owncloud-9-1/ <https://owncloud.org/blog/new-in-owncloud-9-1/>.

You can also find a more detailed feature list here
https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features <https://github.com/owncloud/core/wiki/ownCloud-9.1-Features>

The archives can be downloaded from here:
- http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.zip <http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.zip>
- http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.tar.bz2 <http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-9.1.0.tar.bz2>

The distribution packages are also available, see
https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/9.1/owncloud/ <https://download.owncloud.org/download/repositories/9.1/owncloud/>