ownCloud with IIS7 - Security Warning

nova168168
I'm newer for ownCloud and I just install the ownCloud in IIS7 , when I login to the owncloud , it's show this error message about Security Warning - "Your data directory and your files are probably accessible from the internet. The .htaccess file that ownCloud provides is not working. We strongly suggest that you configure your webserver in a way that the data directory is no longer accessible or you move the data directory outside the webserver document root. " and all the photo are failed to show , what's wrong ? please help !

thanks !

Re: ownCloud with IIS7 - Security Warning

Frank Karlitschek-3
Hi,

all the files in ownCloud are accessible from the internet without protection. This is a problem.
There are two options. Configure your IIS in a way that the data directory in the ownCloud directory can't be access via http. I'm not an IIS user so I don't know how this works but there has to be an option somewhere.
Or you move the data directory outside the webserver document root. There is an option during ownCloud setup to do that.

Frank