#ownCloud7 is coming!

Jos Poortvliet
Dear ownCloud developers,

As you can see on http://owncloud.org - we're just over 25 hours away from
the general availability of ownCloud 7! The release comes live at 1pm UTC/
2pm CET/ 8am ET tomorrow (the 23rd of July) and we have organized a release
hangout to be there 'live':
https://plus.google.com/events/cfbb6mc43p208ka8ihb8hheslu0

Help spread the word by telling your friends, family and co-workers about the
new ownCloud release! Blog about it, tweet about your excitement and let us
know what you think - #ownCloud7 is coming!

An important thing I'd like to solicit your help with is spreading the news
of the release to tech news blogs and sites all over the web. Digg and
slashdot but also the many local and non-English sites reporting on what is
going on in the world of tech. They should all have an article about the new
ownCloud and YOU can help make that happen! Get ready to submit a news item
about ownCloud 7 to them!

There is already a lot of information about the upcoming release on our site,
see http://owncloud.org/7 so it shouldn't be hard to prepare a review or a
note about the new release.

More suggestions on promoting the release you can find in this blog:
https://owncloud.org/blog/seven-days-to-seven/

And if you like, join us at (or organize!) a release party:
https://owncloud.org/blog/plan-your-owncloud-7-release-party/

The idea behind release parties is that they happen 1 or 2 weeks after the
release came out so the visitors have some experience with the new release.
We'll keep you posted about them, contact me if you have questions or want to
organize one!

Are you excited about ownCloud 7? I am!

Greetings,
Jos