owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

Michaël Parchet

Helo,

I have downloud owncloud core-stable9 brach and I have replace the 3rdparty and config folder with my owncloud 8 folders

So I get this message

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud_9/lib/private/app.php on line 56

Server os : centos 7 probably

php (5 probably)

Question : On php, theirs  isset to no redeclare a variable. in c and c++, theirs  #ifdefine

is there this function in php. If no how to fixe this issue ?

Thanks for your support

Best regards

mparchet

Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

450084394239
Hi,

the most common reason for such update/upgrade issues are that people
leaving old files left during the process. Did you
make sure to follow all steps provided in
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

and especially this one:

- Delete all files and folders in your existing ownCloud directory
(/var/www/owncloud) — except data and config.
- Don’t keep the apps directory.

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

450084394239
And shortly after the previous mail i've noticed:

> owncloud core-stable9

The github releases are not meant to be run by users as there is more then
just downloading this branch required to
run ownCloud. I strongly suggest to switch back to the official releases
from https://owncloud.org/download/#owncloud-server-tar-ball by following
the linked upgrade instructions above.

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

Michaël Parchet
Hello,

I have redowloud owcloud 9.0.11 and re upload it on my serer but I have the same error message and a white page

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud_9/lib/private/app.php on line 56

so I have try to use define and ifdefine like on c and c++ language

if ( ! defined('APP')) {

define('APP', 'oc_app');

/*
 * add by mpat on 31.3.2018
 * source : http://php.net/manual/en/function.defined.php
 *
*/

but I have the same error
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud_9/lib/private/app.php on line 66

see attachment my test with define

Could you help me please ?

Thanks for your support

Best regards

mparchet

Le 31/03/2018 à 09:03, 450084394239 a écrit :
And shortly after the previous mail i've noticed:

owncloud core-stable9
The github releases are not meant to be run by users as there is more then
just downloading this branch required to
run ownCloud. I strongly suggest to switch back to the official releases
from https://owncloud.org/download/#owncloud-server-tar-ball by following
the linked upgrade instructions above.

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

app.php (47K) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

450084394239
I don't think that you need to search for an issue in the ownClouds code. The
message means that something (maybe old and not deleted code or apps or
stuff in your redis/memcache etc.) is declaring a class which already
declared previously.

It might help if you explain in detail which steps you have done so far,
what previous ownCloud version you're running and the details about your
setup.

If you're already on ownCloud 8.2 or 9.0 it doesn't make any sense to update
to 9.0.11 as you can instantly upgrade to the latest and currently supported
version 10.0.7. For this upgrade please follow this documentation step by
step:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

and especially this one:

- Delete all files and folders in your existing ownCloud directory
(/var/www/owncloud) — except data and config.
- Don’t keep the apps directory.

As a side-note: You really shouldn't use versions-specific directories like
/httpdocs/owncloud_9/ as there are still quite a few hardcoded path values
hidden in ownCloud which you would need to modify manually:
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Re: Fwd: Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

Michaël Parchet
Hello,

I just wold like to upgrde from owncloud 8.2.1 to owncloud 10 but when I want to start the ugrade to owncloud 10 I get this message :
Detailed logs
Preparing update
Set log level to debug
Turned on maintenance mode
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
The update was unsuccessful. For more information check our forum post covering this issue.

so I have try to downcloud owncloud 9.0.11 to try to upgrade owncloud 8.2..1 to owncloud 9.0.11 but I get this message

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function OC\\Security\\random_int() in /home/httpd/vhosts/myhostdomain.ch/httpdocs/owncloud_9_0_1/lib/private/security/securerandom.php on line 80

I ty to delete all folder from ownclod 8 exceèt data and config but I get som message folder missing if i try to use ownclod 8 example missig lib folde. I have to restor this folder from a 8.2.1 frresh copy and I get this message

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'settings/routes.php' (include_path='/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/phpseclib/phpseclib/phpseclib:/home/httpd/vhosts/parcheto.ch/httpdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/pear/console_getopt:/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/pear/archive_tar:/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/pear/pear_exception:/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/3rdparty/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/httpd/vhosts/parcheto.ch/httpdocs/owncloud/lib/private:/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/config:/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/3rdparty:/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/apps:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:/home/httpd/vhosts/parcheto.ch/httpdocs/owncloud') in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/owncloud/lib/private/route/router.php on line 180

but now owncloud 9.0.1 work

coud you help me to upgrade owncloud 8 to owncloud 10

Thanks foy your support

Best regards

mparchet

Le 31/03/2018 à 20:25, 450084394239 a écrit :
I don't think that you need to search for an issue in the ownClouds code. The
message means that something (maybe old and not deleted code or apps or
stuff in your redis/memcache etc.) is declaring a class which already
declared previously.

It might help if you explain in detail which steps you have done so far,
what previous ownCloud version you're running and the details about your
setup.

If you're already on ownCloud 8.2 or 9.0 it doesn't make any sense to update
to 9.0.11 as you can instantly upgrade to the latest and currently supported
version 10.0.7. For this upgrade please follow this documentation step by
step:

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

and especially this one:

- Delete all files and folders in your existing ownCloud directory
(/var/www/owncloud) — except data and config.
- Don’t keep the apps directory.

As a side-note: You really shouldn't use versions-specific directories like
/httpdocs/owncloud_9/ as there are still quite a few hardcoded path values
hidden in ownCloud which you would need to modify manually:
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manually-moving-data-folders.html

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Re: Fwd: Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

450084394239
> I just wold like to upgrde from owncloud 8.2.1 to owncloud 10 but when I
want to start the ugrade to owncloud 10 I get this message :

You need to first update to 8.2.11 before you can upgrade directly to
10.0.7.

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function
OC\\Security\\random_int() in

Seems you're missing a PHP module / extension:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11212808/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-openssl-random-pseudo-bytes

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Re: Fwd: Re: owncloud 9 mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OC_App

Carlos Damken
Did you read the release notes?

Probably you need :

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/10.0/admin_manual/release_notes.html#php-intl-now-is-a-hard-requirement