owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC

Klaas Freitag-3
Hi,

we want to release ownCloud Client 1.4.1 this week. It is a bugfix
release for the 1.4 line which fixes bugs that were reported over the
last few weeks, see Changelog below.

Today we prepared a release candidate for you.

The RC is available here:
Win32:
http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc1-setup.exe
MacOS: http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc1.dmg
Linux packages:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:testing&package=owncloud-client

Please give it a test and report regression bugs to github.

Thanks,

Klaas

PS: The linux packages are still building but will be there soon.

----------
Changelog:

mirall version 1.4.1 (release 2013-09-2x ), csync 0.90.1 required

   * Translation and documentation fixes.
   * Fixed error display in settings/status dialog, displays multi
     line error messages now correctly.
   * Wait up to 30 secs before complaining about missing systray
     Fixes bug #949
   * Fixed utf8 issues with basic auth authentication, fixes bug #941
   * Fixed remote folder selector, avoid recursive syncing, fixes
     bug #962
   * Handle and display network problems at startup correctly.
   * Enable and disable the folder watcher during syncs correctly.
   * Fix setting of thread priority.
   * Fixed file size display.
   * Fixed various folder wizard issues, bug #992
   * Made "Sync started" message optional, fixes bug #934
   * Fixed shutdown, avoid crashed config on win32, fixes bug #945
   * Pop up config wizard if no server url is configured, fixes bug #1018
   * Settings: calculate sidebar width dynamically, fixes bug #1020
   * Fixed a crash if sync folders were removed, fixes bug #713
   * Do proper resync after network disconnect, fixes bug #1007
   * Various minor code fixes

ocsync version 0.90.1  (released 2013-09-2x, ownCloud Client 1.4.1)
   * detect if server does not send an etag after an upload
     completed.
   * fix crash in case of network timeout, reported as
     https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/1010
   * compile and cmake fixes for win32
   * fixed behaviour of csync_exclude
   * documentation and spelling fixes.

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC

Norman Rieß
Hello Klaas,

where can the sources be found?

Norman

Am 23.09.2013 22:05, schrieb Klaas Freitag:

> Hi,
>
> we want to release ownCloud Client 1.4.1 this week. It is a bugfix
> release for the 1.4 line which fixes bugs that were reported over the
> last few weeks, see Changelog below.
>
> Today we prepared a release candidate for you.
>
> The RC is available here:
> Win32:
> http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc1-setup.exe
> MacOS: http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc1.dmg
> Linux packages:
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:testing&package=owncloud-client
>

> Please give it a test and report regression bugs to github.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Klaas
>
> PS: The linux packages are still building but will be there soon.
>

> ----------
> Changelog:
>
> mirall version 1.4.1 (release 2013-09-2x ), csync 0.90.1 required
>
>   * Translation and documentation fixes.
>   * Fixed error display in settings/status dialog, displays multi
>     line error messages now correctly.
>   * Wait up to 30 secs before complaining about missing systray
>     Fixes bug #949
>   * Fixed utf8 issues with basic auth authentication, fixes bug #941
>   * Fixed remote folder selector, avoid recursive syncing, fixes
>     bug #962
>   * Handle and display network problems at startup correctly.
>   * Enable and disable the folder watcher during syncs correctly.
>   * Fix setting of thread priority.
>   * Fixed file size display.
>   * Fixed various folder wizard issues, bug #992
>   * Made "Sync started" message optional, fixes bug #934
>   * Fixed shutdown, avoid crashed config on win32, fixes bug #945
>   * Pop up config wizard if no server url is configured, fixes bug #1018
>   * Settings: calculate sidebar width dynamically, fixes bug #1020
>   * Fixed a crash if sync folders were removed, fixes bug #713
>   * Do proper resync after network disconnect, fixes bug #1007
>   * Various minor code fixes
>

> ocsync version 0.90.1  (released 2013-09-2x, ownCloud Client 1.4.1)
>   * detect if server does not send an etag after an upload
>     completed.
>   * fix crash in case of network timeout, reported as
>     https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/1010
>   * compile and cmake fixes for win32
>   * fixed behaviour of csync_exclude
>   * documentation and spelling fixes.

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

Klaas Freitag-3
On 23.09.2013 22:05, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Hello,

> we want to release ownCloud Client 1.4.1 this week. It is a bugfix
> release for the 1.4 line which fixes bugs that were reported over the
> last few weeks, see Changelog below.
>
> Today we prepared a release candidate for you.

I just created another release candidate for you, rc2. It fixes a
regression that the client forgot it's credentials because of a wrong
app name.
Tests should rather be done with rc2.

The RC is available here:
Win32:
http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc2-setup.exe
MacOS: http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc2.dmg
Linux packages:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:testing&package=owncloud-client

Source:
http://download.owncloud.org/download/mirall-1.4.1rc2.tar.bz2
the ocsync source is unchanged.

regards,

Klaas

> ----------
> Changelog:
>
> mirall version 1.4.1 (release 2013-09-2x ), csync 0.90.1 required
>
>    * Translation and documentation fixes.
>    * Fixed error display in settings/status dialog, displays multi
>      line error messages now correctly.
>    * Wait up to 30 secs before complaining about missing systray
>      Fixes bug #949
>    * Fixed utf8 issues with basic auth authentication, fixes bug #941
>    * Fixed remote folder selector, avoid recursive syncing, fixes
>      bug #962
>    * Handle and display network problems at startup correctly.
>    * Enable and disable the folder watcher during syncs correctly.
>    * Fix setting of thread priority.
>    * Fixed file size display.
>    * Fixed various folder wizard issues, bug #992
>    * Made "Sync started" message optional, fixes bug #934
>    * Fixed shutdown, avoid crashed config on win32, fixes bug #945
>    * Pop up config wizard if no server url is configured, fixes bug #1018
>    * Settings: calculate sidebar width dynamically, fixes bug #1020
>    * Fixed a crash if sync folders were removed, fixes bug #713
>    * Do proper resync after network disconnect, fixes bug #1007
>    * Various minor code fixes
>

> ocsync version 0.90.1  (released 2013-09-2x, ownCloud Client 1.4.1)
>    * detect if server does not send an etag after an upload
>      completed.
>    * fix crash in case of network timeout, reported as
>      https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/1010
>    * compile and cmake fixes for win32
>    * fixed behaviour of csync_exclude
>    * documentation and spelling fixes.

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

Matthias
Thanks for the new client.

One question, where can the client log be found?

Matthias

======= Original message from =======
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>
 > Sent: 24.09.2013 13:34:54

> On 23.09.2013 22:05, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Hello,
>

>> we want to release ownCloud Client 1.4.1 this week. It is a bugfix
>> release for the 1.4 line which fixes bugs that were reported over the
>> last few weeks, see Changelog below.
>>
>> Today we prepared a release candidate for you.
>
> I just created another release candidate for you, rc2. It fixes a
> regression that the client forgot it's credentials because of a wrong
> app name.
> Tests should rather be done with rc2.
>
> The RC is available here:
> Win32:
> http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc2-setup.exe
> MacOS:
> http://download.owncloud.org/download/testing/ownCloud-1.4.1rc2.dmg
> Linux packages:
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=isv:ownCloud:testing&package=owncloud-client
>

> Source:
> http://download.owncloud.org/download/mirall-1.4.1rc2.tar.bz2
> the ocsync source is unchanged.
>
> regards,
>
> Klaas
>

>> ----------
>> Changelog:
>>
>> mirall version 1.4.1 (release 2013-09-2x ), csync 0.90.1 required
>>
>>    * Translation and documentation fixes.
>>    * Fixed error display in settings/status dialog, displays multi
>>      line error messages now correctly.
>>    * Wait up to 30 secs before complaining about missing systray
>>      Fixes bug #949
>>    * Fixed utf8 issues with basic auth authentication, fixes bug #941
>>    * Fixed remote folder selector, avoid recursive syncing, fixes
>>      bug #962
>>    * Handle and display network problems at startup correctly.
>>    * Enable and disable the folder watcher during syncs correctly.
>>    * Fix setting of thread priority.
>>    * Fixed file size display.
>>    * Fixed various folder wizard issues, bug #992
>>    * Made "Sync started" message optional, fixes bug #934
>>    * Fixed shutdown, avoid crashed config on win32, fixes bug #945
>>    * Pop up config wizard if no server url is configured, fixes bug
>>    * Settings: calculate sidebar width dynamically, fixes bug #1020
>>    * Fixed a crash if sync folders were removed, fixes bug #713
>>    * Do proper resync after network disconnect, fixes bug #1007
>>    * Various minor code fixes
>>

>> ocsync version 0.90.1  (released 2013-09-2x, ownCloud Client 1.4.1)
>>    * detect if server does not send an etag after an upload
>>      completed.
>>    * fix crash in case of network timeout, reported as
>>      https://github.com/owncloud/mirall/issues/1010
>>    * compile and cmake fixes for win32
>>    * fixed behaviour of csync_exclude
>>    * documentation and spelling fixes.

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

Chris-3

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

Matthias
Thank you. I took a short look at the client. I found the following issues:

1) After installation the user is forced to synch the whole owncloud dir
with a local folder. I only want to synch a subdir of my cloud with a
local dir.
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=f269b29498f3d0ede18904e2323b867e

2) The symbol looks like something with my user account is wrong. But
everything is fine:
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=4a3e8baf1babfab240c78ebf9081e363

3)  German translation issue when creating a new folder. The lower
button should be labled like "auswählen".
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=1eed0473751a7f0fbb2e73b1178741b8

4) Creating a new folder as subfolder does not work:
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=530cf2bb78a47b655c2e4e1f9e4123d4

I hope this helps.
Matthias

======= Original message from =======

Bastien Ceriani

Le 24 sept. 2013 16:48, "Matthias" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Thank you. I took a short look at the client. I found the following issues:

1) After installation the user is forced to synch the whole owncloud dir with a local folder. I only want to synch a subdir of my cloud with a local dir.
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=f269b29498f3d0ede18904e2323b867e

2) The symbol looks like something with my user account is wrong. But everything is fine:
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=4a3e8baf1babfab240c78ebf9081e363

3)  German translation issue when creating a new folder. The lower button should be labled like "auswählen".
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=1eed0473751a7f0fbb2e73b1178741b8

4) Creating a new folder as subfolder does not work:
https://muemmelmarte.mine.nu:33444/owncloud/public.php?service=files&t=530cf2bb78a47b655c2e4e1f9e4123d4

I hope this helps.
Matthias

======= Original message from =======

Hi,

where can the client log be found?
how to get the logfiles is described in the clients documentation:

http://doc.owncloud.org/desktop/1.4/troubleshooting.html#logfiles

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

Chris-3

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

kwillems
Just tried compiling the Mac client myself, but I stumbled upon an error on qtkeychain (see below).
Does anyone have a clue?

iMac:build-owncloud developer$ brew install --HEAD qtkeychain
==> Cloning https://github.com/frankosterfeld/qtkeychain.git
Updating /Library/Caches/Homebrew/qtkeychain--git
==> cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/Cellar/qtkeychain/HEAD -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_FIND_FRAMEWORK=LAST -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -
==> make install
                ~~  ^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/qtkeychain.dir/moc_keychain_p.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/qtkeychain.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Re: owncloud Client 1.4.1 RC -> RC2

kwillems
I'm sorry, please forget my previous post.
I took the wrong version when compiling.

(note to self: take coffee first and then compile, instead of other way round).