release planing

Frank Karlitschek
Hi friends,

owncloud is making great progress because of all of you.

I think we should start planing the 1.1 release now.

I suggest to do a feature freeze now and start to iron out bugs. I think we can do a 1.1 RC1 release next week and the final 1.1 one week afterwards.

What do you think?

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: release planing

Robin Appelman
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:32, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> owncloud is making great progress because of all of you.
>
> I think we should start planing the 1.1 release now.
>
> I suggest to do a feature freeze now and start to iron out bugs. I think we can do a 1.1 RC1 release next week and the final 1.1 one week afterwards.
>
> What do you think?
>

> Cheers
> Frank

I also think we should do a release for 1.1 soon but before we do a
feature freeze would I like to merge the plugin manager that I'm
currently working on to make installations of plugins easier.
It should be ready in a few days and would make 1.1 a lot more usefull

 - Robin Appelman

Re: release planing

Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
2010/10/12 Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org>:
> owncloud is making great progress because of all of you.
>
> I think we should start planing the 1.1 release now.

I think it's a good idea, it's a good way to make the point of the situation.

(I'm just sorry I can't help as I want since I've not enought time)

--
Aldo "xoen" Giambelluca
-.. --- -. .----. - / .--. .- -. .. -.-.

Re: release planing

Frank Karlitschek

On 12.10.2010, at 17:37, Robin Appelman wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 09:32, Frank Karlitschek <karlitschek at kde.org> wrote:
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> owncloud is making great progress because of all of you.
>>
>> I think we should start planing the 1.1 release now.
>>
>> I suggest to do a feature freeze now and start to iron out bugs. I think we can do a 1.1 RC1 release next week and the final 1.1 one week afterwards.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

>> Cheers
>> Frank
>
> I also think we should do a release for 1.1 soon but before we do a
> feature freeze would I like to merge the plugin manager that I'm
> currently working on to make installations of plugins easier.
> It should be ready in a few days and would make 1.1 a lot more usefull
>
> - Robin Appelman

Hi Robin,

I agree.
That makes sense

Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org

Re: release planing

Robin Appelman
For my part we can do the 1.1 feature freeze now.

 - Robin Appelman

Re: release planing

Frank Karlitschek
Great.

So I propose to do a feature freeze starting today and only do bugfixing commits from now on.
We will do a 1.1 Release Candidate in one week. And a 1.1. final one week afterwards if we don?t find showstoppers.

It this O.K. with everybody?

--
Frank Karlitschek
karlitschek at kde.org