releasing ownCloud 2.0 beta1

Robin Appelman
Since there aren't any planed features for 2.0 except polishing and bug fixes
(correct me if I'm wrong) I suggest we release beta1 now.

Frank, could you create a tar and upload it to owncloud.org for the release.

 - Robin Appelman

Re: releasing ownCloud 2.0 beta1

Aaron Reichman
If you could give me a 24 hour notice of that (or tell me that this is it)
I'd appreciate it. I've got a blog entry that fits well with a 2.0 beta
announcement and I'd like to time it properly. Also, a few days before 2.0
final to get things other announcement-type things together would be good.

I've talked to the tomahawk guys about talking about each others releases in
our announcements but it takes some time to coordinate those things.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Robin Appelman <icewind1991 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Since there aren't any planed features for 2.0 except polishing and bug
> fixes
> (correct me if I'm wrong) I suggest we release beta1 now.
>
> Frank, could you create a tar and upload it to owncloud.org for the
> release.
>
>  - Robin Appelman

Re: releasing ownCloud 2.0 beta1

Michael Gapczynski
What are the plans for the sharing app? I understand that it won't be
included in 2.0 because I have almost a month of work left, but will it be
packaged separately since it is an app or included in a future version?

Michael

On Friday 29 July 2011 22:06:13 Michael Gapczynski wrote:
> What are the plans for the sharing app? I understand that it won't be
> included in 2.0 because I have almost a month of work left, but will it be
> packaged separately since it is an app or included in a future version?
>
> Michael
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Robin Appelman
<icewind1991 at gmail.com>wrote:
> > Since there aren't any planed features for 2.0 except polishing and bug
> > fixes
> > (correct me if I'm wrong) I suggest we release beta1 now.
> >
> > Frank, could you create a tar and upload it to owncloud.org for the
> > release.
> >
> >  - Robin Appelman

I was thinking of releasing 2.1 not to long after all gsoc/sok projects are
fully finished and merged.

 - Robin Appelman

Re: releasing ownCloud 2.0 beta1

Jakob Sack-2
Hi Robin,

don't forget to use "git tag"
$ git tag -a 2.0-beta1
This makes it easier to find the revision later!
Cheers,

Jakob