Quantcast

syncing local "Documents" folder

Eric Moulton
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has found a way to sync their local “Documents” folder to ownCloud, particularly on Linux or Mac. I am trying to avoid making a copy so I don’t double the space of the Documents folder of my home computer (~80GB), and I would like it to automatically sync every time I create new documents (in my Document folder, not the one in my ownCloud). I hope I am clear in my explanation.

I have tried making a symbolic link of my documents folder to ownCloud. It creates one, but in the Finder window, a yellow exclamation point appears over the Documents symbolic link/folder. I have also tried modifying the permissions of my Documents folder to see if this was the issue, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

Best regards,
Eric

Re: syncing local "Documents" folder