updating owncloud desktop client on fedora 27

updating owncloud desktop client on fedora 27

Fabian A. Santiago
hello,

for several days now I've been unable to update my desktop client. DNF complains of:

Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'isv_ownCloud_desktop', disabling.

initially it was able to see a new package version but always failed to download it. now it's disabling the repo.

is everything ok with the repo or is the issue on my end somewhere? i am running fedora 27 now as well in case that's an issue too. thanks.

Fabian S.

Re: updating owncloud desktop client on fedora 27

Fabian A. Santiago
On December 29, 2017 9:14:12 AM EST, "Fabian A. Santiago" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>hello,
>
>for several days now I've been unable to update my desktop client. DNF
>complains of:
>
>Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'isv_ownCloud_desktop', disabling.
>
>initially it was able to see a new package version but always failed to
>download it. now it's disabling the repo.
>
>is everything ok with the repo or is the issue on my end somewhere? i
>am running fedora 27 now as well in case that's an issue too. thanks.
>
>--
>
>Thanks,
>
>Fabian S.

Different error now:

Error: Transaction check error:
  file /etc/ownCloud/sync-exclude.lst from install of owncloud-client-2.4.0-8911.1.x86_64 conflicts with file from package owncloud-client-libs-2.3.3-1.fc27.x86_64

What's going on here now? My first reported error seems to have cleared itself up.

Fabian S.

Re: updating owncloud desktop client on fedora 27

user123
Seems you're mixing packages (owncloud-client-libs) of the Fedora
repositories with the ones (owncloud-client) of the ownCloud repositories.
When doing this chances are high that all sort of conflicts like you're
seeing now are happening.

--
Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

On January 1, 2018 7:35:50 PM EST, user123 <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Seems you're mixing packages (owncloud-client-libs) of the Fedora
>repositories with the ones (owncloud-client) of the ownCloud
>repositories.
>When doing this chances are high that all sort of conflicts like you're
>seeing now are happening.
>

>--
>Sent from: http://owncloud.10557.n7.nabble.com/Users-f1.html

Ok; I removed what I had and reinstalled from scratch. I'm all good now. Thanks.

Fabian S.